What are the Nissan Safety Shield® Technology Features? | Downers Grove, IL
Nissan has equipped its current lineup of cars, trucks, and SUVs with the absolute best in safety technology that monitors for road hazards, responds when necessary, and protects passengers should the worst occur. Learn more about each key aspect of the Nissan Safety Shield® and find the safety-first model that your daily drive requires in the inventory at Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove, IL.
Which safety systems monitor?
Nissan Safety Shield® comes with advanced camera and sensor technology to monitor areas that you cant always see from behind the wheel, including:
- Blind Spot Warning An indicator appears on the drivers or front passengers door pillar and on the Advanced Drive-Assist® Display to alert you to a vehicle in your blind spot.
- Predictive Forward Collision Warning A radar sensor in the front of your Nissan monitors for sudden deceleration up to two vehicles ahead.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert A rear sensor detects vehicles crossing your path when in youre reverse.
- Intelligent Cruise Control Keeps a set distance between your Nissan and the vehicle in front of you, even in traffic.
- Driver Attention Alert Detects unusual steering activity and suggests that its time for a coffee break.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System A sensor monitors tires for low inflation and alerts you accordingly.
Which safety systems respond?
From emergency braking to corrective steering, Nissan cars, trucks, and SUVs offer several adaptive driver aids to respond to hazards, including:
- Vehicle Dynamic Control Assists in maintaining your steered path.
- Traction Control System Reduces wheelspin in low-traction driving situations.
- ABS Brakes Helps maintain steering control when braking heavily.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution Sends additional force to the rear brakes when necessary.
- Brake Assist Applies maximum brake force in an emergency.
- Adaptive Headlights the headlights of your Nissan will turn on automatically when visibility is reduced.
Which safety systems protect?
Developed specifically to mitigate damage and keep you from harm in the event of a collision, Nissan models come with several protective systems.
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System Dual-stage supplemental air bags adjust their rate of inflation according to crash severity.
- LATCH System - Nissan engineers have developed lower anchors and tethers for children that secure child restraints without having to use seat belts or a locking clip.
Find my new Nissan with Safety Shield® Technology
Are you ready to upgrade your daily drive with the absolute best in advanced safety technology and adaptive driver aids? Discover the new cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with Nissan Safety Shield® Technology in the inventory at Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove, IL and stay safe with the best in modern safety systems. After you locate your next new Nissan vehicle at our dealership, get in touch with a product specialist to set up an appointment by calling (888) 448-1554 or through our test-drive form. The safety and security you deserve is only a click away with Bill Kay Nissan!