What is a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle?
Youve probably noticed that there are pre-owned vehicles and then there are Certified Pre-Owned Nissan cars, trucks, and SUVs, and the two are worlds apart. CPO vehicles are of a caliber that exceeds regular used cars because of the necessary requirements, quality assurance process, and benefits included that are typically reserved for new cars. Keep reading to learn more about certified pre-owned vehicles in our inventory at Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove, IL to decide which is right for your lifestyle.
What does it mean to be Certified?
A certified car is the manufactures way of putting an official stamp of approval on a pre-owned model, reassuring you it is of the highest quality a used Nissan car, truck, or SUV can be. How does Nissan determine if a model qualifies for certified status? Each pre-owned Nissan has to meet the following criteria:
- Pass a comprehensive 167-point inspection
- Be six years old or newer
- Have less than 80,000 miles
- Have a clean, non-branded title
Can a used car be like a CPO vehicle?
Absolutely not! The only similarities CPO vehicles and used cars share are that both have had previous owners and go through an inspection. An average pre-owned car runs the risk of having a branded title, could have a high number of miles, and isnt backed by the manufacturer. In contrast, CPO Nissan vehicles from our Downers Grove, IL dealership include each of the following:
- Factory-backed 7-year/ 100,000-mile limited warranty, providing coverage for over 600 components including engine, transmission, drivetrain, and replacements parts.
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance for up to seven years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Optional security plus extended protection plan covers over 1,300 components such as audio, navigation, and climate control system.
- CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to inform you of your cars past.
- SiriusXM® 3-month free trial, giving you over 120 channels of entertainment.
- Car rental reimbursement if covered components break down.
Buying Pre-Owned vs. Certified Pre-Owned
The team of finance experts at Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove, IL is more than happy to assist you with getting behind the wheel of a used or certified pre-owned vehicle, even if your credit history isnt the best. Nissan has several special offers for CPO vehicles to provide you with savings, while used cars are available through regular auto financing.
7-year/100,000-mile limited Warranty - Over 600 components are covered, including the following:
Emergency Roadside Assistance - 24-hour Toll-Free Roadside Customer Assistance Number for 7 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) from your vehicle's original in-service date. Coverage includes: emergency road service for minor disablements like a flat tire, dead battery, or lock-out assistance up to $100 per occurrence. In these cases, we'd boost your battery, change your tire using your spare, or unlock your car. Small amounts of gas can also be delivered. Towing Assistance - Up to $100 per occurrence, if a covered part fails.
- Engine: Cylinder heads and block and all internal parts, rocker covers and oil pan, valvetrain and front cover, timing chain and tensioner, oil pump and fuel pump, fuel injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds and turbochargers, flywheel, seals, and gaskets.
- Transmission and Transfer Case: Case and all internal parts, torque converter and converter housing, automatic transmission control module, transfer case and all internal parts, seals and gaskets, and electronic transmission controls.
- Drivetrain: Drive shafts, final drive housing and all internal parts, propeller shafts, universal joints, bearings, seals, and gaskets.
- Deductible: Repairs covered under this Warranty are subject to a deductible of $50 per visit.
- Replacement Parts: Replacement of any part will be made with a new or remanufactured replacement part outside sourced part of a like kind and quality to be used in the repair.
Optional Security+Plus Extended Protection Plan - Nissan's Security+Plus Extended Protection Plan covers more than 1,300 components, including: electrical, audio/video/navigation, suspension, steering, climate control system, and brakes. Optional terms of 7 years/100,000 miles or 8 years/120,000 miles available at additional charge. Ask your Sales Consultant about this beneficial option.
If you are considering a used or Certified Pre-Owned Nissan car, truck, or SUV in our inventory, complete our online finance application, and a team member will get in touch with you shortly. If you would like to learn more about CPO Nissan specials, give us a call at (630) 969-3200.